Personal Trainer / Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (PMBI) / Sports Specific Strength Coach / Athletic and Movement Skills Coach
From a young age Dave has always been interested in finding and pushing the boundaries of his personal limits. Having competed in a multitude of sports, including ice hockey, lacrosse, football, mixed martial arts, triathlon, and cycling, he has been able to learn not only what makes his own body work, but also how to effect desired change when training clients. Dave has worked in the fitness industry since his late teenage years, teaching group classes, working one on one with personal training clients, and developing athletes in both the team and individual settings for various sports. Some specifics include:
- Strength and conditioning coach for men’s lacrosse at Adelphi University
- Established and ran a speed and agility summer camp for high school and college athletes
- Women’s youth and high school lacrosse coach and men’s college lacrosse coach.
He has a passion for making sure his clients not only see their desired results but getting there in a way that gives them health and a better quality of living.
Specialist interest Bringing performance of all levels to a higher level through efficient movement and a stronger, more well-rounded and functional body. Whether in sports or in life, developing patterns of movement that give the individual a higher sense of self-awareness. Allowing the client, whether an elite athlete or a desk jockey, to be the best they can be and therefore finding more ease and joy in life.
Dave’s professional education:
- Natural Movement Instructor (MovNat – Level 1)
- Kettlebell Instructor (Steve Maxwell)
- Kettlebell Instructor (Cultivated Strength)
- Personal Trainer/Speed and Agility (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Personal Trainer (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America)
- Functional Movement Screen (Certified – Gray Cook)
- MS Exercise Physiology (Adelphi University)
- BA Communications – Film Production (Hofstra University)
Dave’s athletic achievements include:
- NCAA Division I athlete
- Current Pro level mountain biker